Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Bugs

Lets be honest, Aldi is great for many things. Where else can you shop for food and buy a porta loo at the same time? Well it was on one of these great Aldi expeditions that Kristian picked up two mosquito nets.  They were contained in non offensive small black drawstring bags and didn't take up that much room, but never the less I didn't want them kept in the house.  When we were unpacking and I came across them I asked Kristian to take them over to the shipping container.  A couple of days later when I was putting some stuff away in a drawer I saw those two mosquito nets and quizzed Kristian as to why they were still in the house.  He just calmly told me he thought that if the mozzies got really bad we might want to hang one over our bed.  I told him, that was ridiculous and that it would be ugly and there is no where to hang them blah blah.  He relented and took them over to the shipping container and I quickly filled their spot in the drawer with much more 'important' things. 

I live with bugs.  I live with a husband and 4 daughters but I also live with bugs.  Lots of them.  Like I need an encyclopaedia to research all the different type of species I am coming across.  I have seen more spiders in one week living in the shed than I did living 6 years in our town house.  Obviously there are the annoying Aussie flies (yes I've considered getting one of those hats with the dangly corks- don't judge me) but there are also weird bugs. The other night Kristian and I were sitting on the couch, and I wasn't sure if the dull glow coming from our only fluorescent light was messing with my eyes but I freaked out and told him he had a centipede on his head!  He flicked it onto the floor at which point we realised it was more like one of those earwig things. But it still had a billion legs and weird nipper things.
It may as well of been this big. (pic from google images)
 RIP little guy.  THEN, that very same night as I was getting into bed I felt something crawling up my leg. I paused, wanting to see what it was before I jumped around like a mad woman and it was a cross between a spider and a cockroach, a weird crossbreed I'm sure! RIP little weird, threatening bug.  
pic-www.thefuntab.com


I wonder if Kristian will walk back over to the shipping containers and find those nets.....

Eliza x

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! 2016 will be an adventure. Hopefully less bugs, more bushing the limits :) you h
    Guys rock! Love the Best Lynch's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! 2016 will be an adventure. Hopefully less bugs, more bushing the limits :) you h
    Guys rock! Love the Best Lynch's

    ReplyDelete